I’m a goal setter. I admit it. I’m actually very proud of it.
In fact over the last 20 years without really meaning to I’ve spent a lot of time and money learning about setting goals. How to do it best, when it works and when it doesn’t.
Here are five reasons why I personally set goals.
- I cannot achieve a goal I don’t set. This was a lottery slogan when I was young “gotta be in it to win it.”
- Setting goals and making a plan to hit them helps me to feel more productive.
- Setting goals and working toward those goals gives me a feeling of control over my days and my life.
- Setting goals and working toward those goals gives me a feeling of living with intention. Put in the form of a platitude Run your life or it will run you.
- When I have a well planned set of goals I find that I am happier.